Recently I listened a lot to the music of Nirvana. I had loved 'Smells like teen Spirit' for a long time, but I never knew that the song that I liked that much was 'Smells like Teen Spirit'. But about a month ago I watched the 'new' Finebrothers' Video Teens react to Nirvana and it seems like this Video changed my life-in a few different ways.
Because when I finished watching the Video I started to look up 'Nirvana' and 'Kurt Cobain' and read many articles about the band and him.
A few days later I got my dads old Nirvana CD's and started listening. And I looked up the lyrics. And I listened again and again and again. Because someone seemed to understand me and felt like that was the first time in a really long time.
The first time I really was obsessed with a band or a special style of music was when I was 11 or 12 and I watched glee. And I watched the season finally where Quinn gets her baby and Vocal Adrenaline wins the Regionals.
And I liked the song that they sung a lot. After my mum told me that the song was 'Bohemian Rhapsody' by Queen, I wanted to listen to more music by Queen and got obsessed with the music. But after a while I liked Imagine Dragons more. Or Green Day.
My taste seemed to change a lot more than I liked it. I also loved my brothers music when he was still in his band, but when he left the band it felt wrong to enjoy the music that the others did without him.
I still love the other bands that I've mentioned here and a lot of other bands, but i'd never thought that I would love Nirvana's music some day so much.
Before I actually listened to it, I always thougt it was music where evryone just screams and you can't understand a word they're singing or saying. But now I feel like I had lost my voice, but I found someone who speeks what I want to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment